I have had a few people ask what the title to this blog is in reference to, and the giant is me. My friend (and previous co-worker), John, used to sit and listen to me tell stories of the dark comedy that is my life. He found it all quite hilarious, so I told him I'd write a book one day and call it Growing up Giant. It was the best way to describe my early years as a tall, freckled, chunky, tomboyish, awkward, white girl in a Latino-dominated society where the designated "hot chicks" were always short, petite, and olive skinned. I've attempted to write down bits and pieces, but ... well, there's no happy ending yet, so I've put it off.
In the meantime I figured I'd at least keep writing - this site is now mostly dedicated to my new life here in Bahrain ... but I'm sure tidbits of the past will emerge as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment