Sunday, April 4, 2010

Some local events

First off: the Formula One races. It's just like NASCAR! ... well, minus the alcohol... thus, boring.


It was over 90 degrees that day; so, coupled with plastic chairs, we all suffered from a lovely case of wet crotch. Ah, I can't wait until summer! Our work group had a few rows of seats on the southern end, giving us a great view of the majority of the track. It cost about $120 for a 3-day pass, thanks to someone buying our reservation in October of last year. We only went for the last afternoon, just to try it out. My overall experience: eh, I guess I'm not into sports or racing, so you can imagine my excitement level in the heat and sweat. My poor coworker fell asleep, though he falls asleep at every event. He and I reached mutual consensus on the day's events.


Second up: Opera, Art, and Dinner at La Fontaine.

La Fonatine is an old villa (about 150 years) set in the heart of the city which has been converted into a spa, art expo, and restaurant. A few friends and I went for a night of opera and the opening of a new art exhibit. The art was so-so ... kind of chaotic and scary, but the music was great. Dinner was buffet-style and didn't start until 9pm, but we had lots of free drinks beforehand (thanks to one guest winning a door prize by juggling, who would have guessed?). Here are a couple of photos - I promise to try and take more in the future, I need a new digital camera first, my current one is moody.




http://www.lafontaineartcentre.net/html/about.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment