Last night I attended a pool party. My friend, Tom, hosted at his "villa" - really just a large 2 bedroom townhouse. But it has a small pool (maybe 20 ft by 10 feet). Everyone was asked to bring three main items: bathing suit and towel, a drink or dish to share, and a friend. I didn't bring a friend, but I arrived with about 5 other people,and I brought a bottle of Port that's been sitting in my kitchen for a few weeks. Tom was able to hire 3 bartenders for the event. They're rather cheap here - about $180 for three guys for 5 or 6 hours. They walk around and give everyone drinks, and even clean up! They're incredibly friendly, but I can only imagine what they thought of the ruckus.
Probably the best part of the evening was the pool. No one wanted to get in. Well, none of the LADIES wanted to get in. The mixture at the party was about 25 guys and 10 girls. :) Not too shabby if your a girl, though I've been in "better" ratios - Mosul was nice.... Anyways, the girls present were mostly European: beautiful, skinny, big boobed, and incredibly insecure ... it's GREAT. Tom, a little intoxicated by this time, ran out in his swim trunks, inflatable reindeer under the left arm, dragging an inflatable killer whale (or was it a dolphin?) by the tail in his right hand. He jumps in, and yells an encouraging Austin Powers-styled "come on everybody, it's a pool party!" to the crowd, begging for company. No one rushed to it - as you can imagine, every guy there was trying to get the most beautiful of women into the pool, the girls would make up excuses and shy away... nibbling on crusts of bread... (and probably purging it later).
So it was great when, from out of no where, this 6ft tall American woman comes strolling by in a bikini, no care or concern for what anyone's thinking, and cannonballed into the pool. Yup, that was me. Mom used to lecture me not to waste my early adult years being insecure about my body - I guess it's just one of those lessons I took to heart.
That encouraged Danny and his girlfriend to get in, and we had a good time just being kids - riding the floating animals, doing cannonballs, running jumps onto the animals, water fights, etc. Sure, men stared for a while, but then they stopped, went back to their conversations and drinks, and we just had fun. The bartenders even brought us a few rounds - so you wanted for nothing. Eventually it got old and we got out, but we had ushered the way. Those girls eventually stripped down and I had a few high 5's from dudes "Thanks for taking one for the team Jen!" No problem, that's what the giant's here for.
The rest of the evening I spent attempting to get a date. It didn't work out. I blame my frizzled hair, running makeup, and overall display of how poorly I can ride dolphins - !! I was dropped off at my hotel room around 4am... I think. The desk man greeted me with a "good morning" and the sun was coming up by the time my head hit the pillow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Will you also be having a pool? At your place that is? Did you find one yet? You hinted and teased and now I want pictures!
ReplyDeleteMary